In May Laura Green, a lovely lady from Reed Exhibitions where my Mum works, will be taking on the amazing challenge of walking roughly 2,640,000 steps, a 500 mile trek across France and Spain to raise money for the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity. She will be doing this in memory of her mother Rose-Mari who passed away in 2011, and also for 31 other people who battled cancer.
Each day walking will be dedicated to a different person, telling their story and she is hoping to raise a substantial amount to help future families dealing with this horrible thing called cancer. You can even ask Laura to dedicate part of her walk to a relative or friend of yours on her Get Involved page.
Ways that you can support Laura are as follows:
- Donate on her GoFundMe to help her with flights, food, accomodation, and make this trip possible
- Donate on her JustGiving page that goes straight to the Royal Marsden
- Do you want to design the official logo for Conversations with Rose?
- Do you want to become a sponsor of gear/ skills/ knowledge/ contacts?
- Do you want to join the cause and walk a part of the Camino Frances with Laura?
I think it’s safe to say Laura is an inspiration and I’m sure her Mum would be so proud of her decision to take part in such an amazing challenge and to support such a great cause. I myself am taking part in a 5k for Cancer Research this year and I hold my hands up to anyone who donates or fund raises for charity. I sadly lost my friend 5 years ago at the age of just 22, and have other people in my life either battling or in remission from cancer so it is a cause that is close to my heart and it will always have my support.
Thank you for sparing the time to read this blog. Cancer is devastating and heart breaking for families and any individuals affected by it. That is why I am proud to support such a positive and uplifting way to remember, and treasure so many people’s loved ones.